It seems to be October is the month of Drake or I could say Draketober. Drizzy seems to be the main buzz this month in the hip hop game from his guest star appearance on Saturday Night Live to his “Headlines” single blasting on everyone’s ipod, laptops, and radio stations. Drake also will be turning 25 this year on October 24th and he’s celebrating it big in Las Vegas. Here’s a small list of facts you may or may have not known about Drake.
1. Forget notebooks, Garage Band or even Steve Jobs’ best creations — Drake writes all of his raps directly into his BlackBerry.
2. Mmm-Drizzy! Drake almost played a show with Hanson last year, but the crowd for the free performance at New York’s South Street Seaport was so large that a riot broke out, and it had to be canceled.
3. Drake made a quick quarter milli when he performed at TV bigwig Jeff Zucker’s son’s Bar Mitzvah in the spring of 2011. No info on what music was played at Drake’s own Bar Mitzvah back in the day, but we do know Hova didn’t perform.
4. While Elle magazine’s recent interview may not have solved the are-they-or-aren’t-they dating mystery of Drake and Nicki Minaj, one thing’s for sure: friends don’t give any old pal a lap dance in front of a live audience.
5.He’s dated Rihanna and rapped about getting four girls in a week on “Marvin’s Room”, but his celebrity crush is none other than the hilarious comedienne Kat Dennings, star of Two Broke Girls.
6. He tweets motivational sayings a lot – “You look in the mirror you know who you are…right?” – because he often thumbs through books of quotes. “All my Tweets are things I’d tattoo on me if I was a tattoo type,” he’s told Rolling Stone.
7.Although he seems new to the scene, Drake is more of a chart topper than you might expect. The Canadian already has 10 #1 singles on the Billboard Rap Chart, tying him with Diddy!
8. He’s a good pal. He went to see Lil Wayne three times while Weezy was locked up in New York’s Riker’s Island jail.
9. He isn’t afraid to bite the hand that feeds him. “Universal needs to stop taking my fucking songs down,” he recently Tweeted. “I am doing this for the people not for your label.”
10. He loves Top 10 lists. Any subjects, doesn’t really matter.
Drake’s sophomore album is in stores Nov. 15th US and Nov. 14 for the UK, top list source vevo.